Texas State Troopers Association Scholarship Deadline is April 30, 2022
TSTA awards $500.00 scholarships to student applicants chosen by an independent academic committee. The criteria and guidelines for the application have been provided below:
- Each application must be entering or currently enrolled in an accredited college. Proof of enrollment must be included with this application.
- Each applicant must provide a letter from their TSTA member sponsor that includes the sponsor’s address and phone number. The applicant’s parent can be the TSTA member sponsor if the parent is a member of TSTA.
- Each applicant must complete the application form.
- If the applicant is currently enrolled, provide college transcripts with an official university imprint. In addition, a copy of high school transcripts is required for applicants who are college freshmen.
- Provide a detailed description of participation in any academic, honorary, civic or extracurricular activities in college. In addition, a detailed description of high school activities is required from college freshmen along with a college acceptance letter.
- Compose an essay of no more than two typed, double-spaced 8 1/2″ X 11″ pages. The essay should discuss the applicant’s relationship with their TSTA scholarship sponsor, current education goals and future aspirations as it relates to the applicant’s subject/training area.
- Provide two letters of recommendation no older than one year from college/high school faculty, employers or other appropriate sources (not related).