The deadline to submit applications for the 2021 Scholarships has passed.
Details for the 2022 Scholarships will be posted when TSTA will begin accepting applications.
Texas State Troopers Association now offers a $500.00 scholarship to be awarded to at least 10 student applicants chosen by an independent academic committee. The criteria and guidelines for the application have been provided below:
- Each application must be entering or currently enrolled in an accredited college. Proof of enrollment must be included with this application.
- Each applicant must provide a letter from their TSTA member sponsor that includes the sponsor’s address and phone number. The applicant’s parent can be the TSTA memeber sponsor if the parent is a member of TSTA.
- Each applicant must complete the application form.
- If the applicant is currently enrolled, provide college transcripts with an official university imprint. In addition, a copy of high school transcripts is required for applicants who are college freshmen.
- Provide a detailed description of participation in any academic, honorary, civic or extracurricular activities in college. In addition, a detailed description of high school activities is required from college freshmen along with a college acceptance letter.
- Compose an essay of no more than two typed, double-spaced 8 1/2″ X 11″ pages. The essay should discuss the applicant’s relationship with their TSTA scholarship sponsor, current education goals and future aspirations as it relates to the applicant’s subject/training area.
- Provide at least two (but no more than three) letters of recommendation no older than one year from college/high school faculty, employers or other appropriate sources (not related).